Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a 10 gauge scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dull, dead skin cells and facial hair in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. By removing that dead layer and hair from the face, the skin is evened out, and it helps with cell metabolism, which helps new skin come to the surface.
Benefits Of Dermaplaning
- It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- Is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, hydrafacial, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
- Can be performed frequently.
- Helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- Significantly lightens postinflammatory scars from past acne.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.